RIOT TAKING OVER MANY GENRES
A one-hour livestream stream has shaken the entire gaming community as Riot Games has blown up everyone’s expectations. While everyone was expecting something for the 10th anniversary; perhaps a DLC pack or a few new skins or maybe even a new hero. Nobody expected 8 new projects – a new universe from a developer renowned and almost criticised for only having produced one main title. Below we’ve listed all of them, including the few details available at the moment!
So, there’s quite a list:
- A fighting game – as in, Mortal Kombat style, if you know what I mean, possibly offering a touch of graphic animations but that’s just me being hopeful.
- A multiplayer FPS – one to rival Call of Duty and Battlefield with a hinted tactical approach – get ready to gun your least favourite legends.
- A management SIM – don’t ask me, but you’ll be able to manage your own little world filled with League heroes.
- A card game – something similar to Hearthstone, the League lore looks to enjoy this card style using abilities already established too
- Mobile versions of LoL and TFT – yep, they’ll be coming soon
- Updates to both LoL and TFT – including balancing and new legends
- An animated series – Arcane, confirmed and will be releasing soon.
Riot isn’t messing about with these announcements – some have even commented that they’re forging a new ‘universe’, which isn’t too much of a stretch. All these announcements, which I decided to summarize into one article to avoid 8 different pieces to put everything into one place. Each announcement has its own set of details, mostly with unconfirmed release dates and gameplay yet to be displayed.
Overall, if you’re a fan of League, be prepared to specify that you play the MOBA title and not the plethora of versions coming soon. My only worry is that Riot is spreading themselves too thin, maybe sacrificing quantity for quality – we’ll see soon enough.
Let us know if you’re excited for any title in particular in the comments section below!